In Miranda Do Corvo the athletes from 50 nations set off on the trails of the Trilhos dos Abrutes race in Portugal on Saturday June 8. The values of the trail-running once again resonated at the heart of the World Championships this year. Humility, Fair Play, Authenticity, Respect, as many values as acts and emotions transmitted along these steep paths.
The British Jonathan Albon and the French Blandine L'Hirondel won respectively in 03h35min34s and 4h06min15s over these 44km and 2120m of positive gain and 1970m of negative gain. On the team side, the French have dominated the Championships and are on the first step of the podium.
- Blandine L’Hirondel – France : 4h06min15s
- Ruth Croft – Nouvelle Zélande : 4h14min27s
- Sheila Avilés – Espagne : 4h15min03s
- Azara Garcia de los Salmones – Espagne 4h15min42s
- Denisa Dragomir – Roumanie: 4h15min42s
- Jonathan Albon – Grande Bretagne :03h35min34s
- Julien Rancon – France: 3h37min47s
- Christian Mathys – Suisse: 3h40min34s
- Francesco Puppi – Italie : 3h40min44s
- Nicolas Martin – France: 3h42min27s
Women's team results
Men's team results
- Great Britain
The post race report is coming very soon